Manchester Crown Court closes again after Covid-19 outbreak

first_img*The Law Society is keeping the coronavirus situation under review and monitoring the advice it receives from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and Public Health England. Manchester Crown Court has closed again after three people tested positive for Covid-19, according to an announcement by the representative body for barristers practising in the north of England.Manchester Crown Court, on Crown Square in Spinningfields, was closed on Thursday morning for deep cleaning after a member of staff was diagnosed with coronavirus. According to a tweet by the Northern Circuit, three people have now tested positive and the court will be closed today.The Northern Circuit said deep cleaning is being carried out and advice is being sought about steps that will be needed to address the incident. Efforts are being made to re-list some cases at Manchester’s other court complex on Minshull Street. HM Courts & Tribunals Service said it had temporarily closed the court to conduct a deep clean based on public health guidance. The court is expected to reopen tomorrow.Some 64 Crown courts have now resumed jury trials, with courts in Worcester and Shrewsbury reopening today. Last month, the Ministry of Justice also announced 10 so-called ‘Nightingale courts’ which are hoped will ease the pressure on the justice system. Find advice and updates here.center_img Please see the Gazette’s dedicated coronavirus page here >>last_img read more

How Mourinho actively provoked Sanchez and the name he called Man United flop

first_img LIVE on talkSPORT Liverpool transfer news live: Star man wanted by Real Madrid, Mbappe latest and more on target LATEST It spells the end of a disastrous 19 months in Manchester for Sanchez, who scored only five goals for the Red Devils following his January 2018 transfer from Arsenal.He had not played at all this season as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer preferred to give game time to youngster Mason Greenwood, and made only 10 league appearances after Solskjaer’s appointment, initially as caretaker, last December. LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS rookie error Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ This was done in a bid to ‘provoke a reaction’ from Sanchez, who was also rarely called by his name by Mourinho. The ex-Red Devils boss is claimed to have dubbed Sanchez ‘Chileno’.Sanchez’s move to Italy was confirmed on Thursday evening, and he could make his debut for Inter when they visit Cagliari on Sunday. Redknapp calls Son ‘petulant’, but Holloway says red card for Rudiger kick was ‘soft’ Sanchez played slightly more regularly under Mourinho, Solskjaer’s predecessor, as he was the manager who sanctioned the deal bringing the Chile forward to Old Trafford.The pair do not appear to have got on well, however, according to The Athletic.Mourinho is alleged to have actively provoked Sanchez, who found life at Old Trafford ‘uncomfortable’. The Portuguese reportedly brought up Sanchez’s huge salary – he was the Premier League’s highest-paid player on a rumoured £500,000-a-week – on occasion, once in front of his team-mates. What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas deals BIG PRESENTS UP TOP latest Instagram / @inter A report has detailed how Jose Mourinho made Alexis Sanchez’s time at Manchester United ‘uncomfortable’, which included discussing his huge salary in front of team-mates.Sanchez has finally departed Old Trafford – temporarily at least – by signing for Inter on loan for the remainder of the season. Cardiff vs Fulham (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2Southampton vs Manchester United (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORTBristol City vs Middlesbrough (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2Chelsea vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2Burnley vs Liverpool (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT Adrian Durham says Man United are making a huge mistake letting Alexis Sanchez leaveAntonio Conte’s side began the Serie A campaign with a 4-0 defeat of Lecce last weekend, with one of Sanchez’s former Old Trafford team-mates, Romelu Lukaku, getting on the scoresheet following his permanent transfer earlier this month.Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – including Southampton vs Man United this weekend! targets 1 Strugglers Wigan hold Blackburn to goalless draw in Championship OFF Top scorer in 2019: Messi, Mbappe and Sterling trailing Europe’s top marksman statement Spurs investigation into alleged racial abuse of Rudiger is so far ‘inconclusive’ Sanchez posed in Inter’s iconic kit as his loan switch was confirmed Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January Ian Holloway thinks Arsenal have made a mistake in hiring Mikel Arteta Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:12Loaded: 13.76%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:12 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen stalemate last_img read more

Johnson Controls Combines Access Controls and Video Solutions Units

first_imgJohnson Controls has recently announced that it has combined its Tyco Access Control and Video Solutions businesses into a single operational unit to more closely align the two disciplines and optimize future technology developments for cyber resiliency, business efficiency, and intelligence.The combination of the two units was designed to enable strategic organizational focus on four key technology pillars: cybersecurity, cloud solutions, unification and automation, areas identified as critical for an organization’s security and business operations. The global realignment of teams in engineering, product management and customer support will provide Tyco Access Control and Video Solutions with a more holistic picture of how best to address customers’ new security and operational challenges while optimizing and expanding on these core pillars throughout the Tyco portfolio.“The growing demands on security as a critical organizational business function is driving our strategic focus on these core areas, enabling us to provide customers with a scalable, secure and intelligent ‘single pane of glass’ approach to system management,” said Eli Gorovici, general manager, Tyco Access Control and Video Solutions for Global Security Products. “Leveraging our leadership positions in cybersecurity, cloud solutions, unification and automation will allow us to continue to innovate and provide to the market solutions that offer the highest levels of efficiency, functionality and ease of use.”- Sponsor – The new Tyco Access Control and Video Solutions unit will focus on growth in key technology areas, such as cloud platforms and AI-based automation tools via the company’s investment in deep learning technology. This will allow organizations to better utilize resources and produce actionable intelligence for their businesses.Johnson Controls and its Tyco security solutions are also supported by a dedicated global product security team charged with creating and maintaining cyber resiliency in the Tyco technology portfolio throughout a product’s lifecycle. Within the Tyco brand family exist deep, native integrations between various management platforms and devices, including products that unify access control and video operations, such as the victor Unified Management System, the Kantech INTEVO Integrated Security Platform and the Tyco Complete Security Solution.For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com. Stay UpdatedGet critical information for loss prevention professionals, security and retail management delivered right to your inbox.  Sign up nowlast_img read more

Records Management: NARA Pulls Plug on Records System

first_imgNARA is the organization in the federal government tasked with the historical archival and records management of the documents and written artifacts created across all federal government agencies.  NARA dates back to the creation of the US National Archives in 1934.  The initial charter of the organization focused on the historical preservation of documents and later was expanded to include tasks related to Records Management. Early on the national Archives took the lead in defining best practices around Records Management.  The structure and methodology for Records Management developed by the National Archives has had a tremendous influence on the adoption and use of Records Management in the private sector.Given that as the background for NARA, the news over the last couple of years about how NARA has been coping with the growth in the number of documents, data, and information in the federal government has been disappointing.   While NARA once set an example for best practices in the area of historical document preservation and Records Management, over the last decade NARA seems to have fallen significantly behind the curve.NARA is struggling to come to grips with how to handle email and social media archiving as well as just being able to cope with very large amounts of data.  Large numbers of important documents have been lost or were never even targeted for archival.  By some estimates, 83 percent of emails during the recent Bush administration were never saved and are lost.  Clinton-era information has been lost.   Historic NASA videos and images were lost.  And 80 percent of federal agencies are currently at risk of illegally deleting records that should be maintained.But, things may be changing.  It looks like David Ferriero, head of the National Archives, is attempting to right the course of the organization.  At the beginning of March, Ferriero announced a sweeping re-organization at NARA.  And late last week word came out that the decision has been made to pull the plug on a problem-plagued computer modernization project that has been underway at NARA for more than six years.   A recent GAO report found that the NARA ERA program was mismanaged and had massive cost overruns.  The report characterized the program’s plan and estimates for further funding as ‘not reliable’.  The plan was unable to show what functionality the system would be able to deliver and was unable to provide a time schedule for the delivery.   Although, by some estimates, at the current rate of implementation, the new system may not have been ready until 2017.NARA now plans to end additional development on the ERA program by the end of this year.   It isn’t clear how much of the development on the ERA program that has already been done will be salvageable or usable but NARA insists that some of the agencies — as many as 20 — will begin to use the system by the end of the year.  Basic full text search over document contents isn’t working yet — it is to be handled by a search engine called Vivisimo which is currently in prototype and hope to be available for use by the end of the year.Forcing federal agencies to start using a new system which isn’t up to snuff in order to save face on this project seems to be the wrong decision.  It’s sure to lead to only more costs and headaches.  A better option might be to admit failure and start a more open dialog with the private sector for cooperatively sharing the task of managing our nation’s data.last_img read more

Facebook chief security officer reportedly resigns amid data controversy

first_img Posted on 21st March 2018Digital Marketing FacebookshareTwittertweetGoogle+share Following Facebook’s suspension of Cambridge Analytica, the analytics firm charged with exploiting Facebook user data, the social platform’s chief security officer, Alex Stamos, is said to be leaving.According to the The New York Times, Stamos said he will be leaving by August of this year and had been clashing with executives since 2016 “over how to handle Russian interference on Facebook and how best to reorganize Facebook’s security team before the midterm elections.”An initial report by The New York Times reported, “He has been overseeing the transfer of his security team to Facebook’s product and infrastructure divisions. His group, which once had 120 people, now has three.”.Monday night, Stamos responded to the news of his leaving on Twitter, stating that he is still fully engaged with his work at Facebook.Despite the rumors, I’m still fully engaged with my work at Facebook. It’s true that my role did change. I’m currently spending more time exploring emerging security risks and working on election security.— Alex Stamos (@alexstamos) March 19, 2018The media reports claim Stamos had advocated for Facebook to be more transparent about Russian interference on the site during the elections but was met with resistance. Current and former Facebook employees who were not identified told The New York Times that Stamos’s day-to-day responsibilities had been reassigned to others in December.So far, Stamos is the only top-level executive reportedly leaving the company in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica developments.Since announcing it was suspending Cambridge Analytica, Facebook’s handling of user data has dominated national headlines. Facebook announced Monday it has hired Stroz Friedberg, a digital forensics firm, to conduct an audit of Cambridge Analytica and has been given complete access to the analytic firm’s servers and systems.Facebook’s top executives have remained silent since the company announced the suspension of Cambridge Analytica. Axios reports this morning that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg plans to speak within “the next 24 hours.”From our sponsors: Facebook chief security officer reportedly resigns amid data controversy Related postsLytics now integrates with Google Marketing Platform to enable customer data-informed campaigns14th December 2019The California Consumer Privacy Act goes live in a few short weeks — Are you ready?14th December 2019ML 2019121313th December 2019Global email benchmark report finds email isn’t dead – it’s essential13th December 20192019 benchmark report: brand vs. non-brand traffic in Google Shopping12th December 2019Keep your LinkedIn advertising strategy focused in 202012th December 2019 HomeDigital MarketingFacebook chief security officer reportedly resigns amid data controversy Facebook chief security officer reportedly resigns amid data controversyYou are here:last_img read more

Supriya Devi dead, cremated with state honours

first_img(Eds: Incorporating details about condolences, cremation)Kolkata, Jan 26 (PTI) Veteran Bengali actor Supriya Devi, famous for her role in Ritwik Ghataks iconic Meghe Dhaka Tara, died of cardiac arrest at her residence here early today, her daughter said.She was 85 and survived by her daughter and grandson.Supriya Devi was born in 1933 at Michkina in British Burma as Krishna Banerjee.She made her debut in Uttam Kumar starrer Basu Parivar in 1952, starred in Sonar Harin in 1959 and went on to deliver many other hits with him. She also acted in Ghataks Komal Gandhar and her other classics were Chowringhee, Bagh Bandi Khela, Sanyasi Raja, Debdas besides Meghe Dhaka Tara.Namesake, which was released in 2007, was among her last outings in the big screen.Supriya Devi had received Padma Shri award and the West Bengal governments highest civilian award Banga Vibhushan besides the Filmfare East Award Lifetime Achievement Award.West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee paid tribute to the actor. She said in a tweet “Very saddened at the passing of legendary actress of Bengal, Supriya Chowdhury (Debi). We will fondly remember her through her films. Condolences to her family and fans.”Governor K N Tripathi expressed grief and conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family and her fans.”Supriya Devi, a legendary actress of Bengal, is known for her contribution in Bengali cinema for more than 50 years,” he said.Her body was kept at Rabindra Sadan, the cultural centre in the city, for three hours where Banerjee, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Aroop Biswas, Cultural Affairs Minister Indranil Sen and superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee were present among others.advertisementThe body was later taken to Keoratala crematorium in a flower-decked vehicle in a procession. Banerjee, her Cabinet colleagues and members of Bengali film industry walked the 5 km distance with the cortege.At the crematorium, Supriya Devi was laid to rest with full state honours.Expressing grief at her demise, thespian Soumitra Chatterjee who had acted with her in Jodi Jantem besides many others, said they had together been in films for many decades.Supriya Devis contemporary and veteran actress Sabitri Chattopadhyay said, “I cannot believe the news. We regularly talked over phone.”Prosenjit Chatterjee tweeted “Suddenly Supriya Devi left us…feeling really sad…RIP.”Actor Rituparna Sengupta said, “She was like a mother figure. Im a small actor in comparison with a titan like Supriya Devi to talk about her acting prowess.” PTI SUS AKB RG KK AARlast_img read more