Everton supremo Moshiri warns Silva over expected transfer spendingby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton supremo Farhad Moshiri is tightening the transfer purse strings.They have splashed out over £250million on transfer fees in the past two years.But with Everton sitting in the bottom half of the table, Moshiri said: “Throwing money is not the answer. “It’s getting the performance level and improving them. It is about development, about driving the club.“There will be no reaction that has not been thought out.”He continued: “You have to get it right — the buying of players and the development. Infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages.“The challenge is still progressing while keeping the wages down.“I think we’ve learned. We’ve had poor judgement but I feel we are in the right direction, even if it’s been difficult.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Dybala backing Juventus move for Pogbaby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the lovePaulo Dybala admits he’d like to see Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba return to Juventus.Dybala was asked about again playing with his good friend.“I’d always like to play with someone of his level. Whatever decision he makes, I always wish him the best of luck,” replied Dybala.“Everyone knows how important Cristiano Ronaldo is for us and what he represents for our opponents too. He gives everything, whether it’s in training or a match situation, and also sets a good example for youngsters.“I’d say Lionel Messi and Ronaldo are on the same level. As for the future, Neymar and above all Kylian Mbappé have what it takes to match them.“As for myself, I have changed my style of play recently and learned so much by working with great champions. It’s quite a mature and experienced squad in Turin, but that really helps a young player like me, because you learn and absorb their mentality.”
Michigan Football’s 2016 schedule poster is out. But one of the team’s division rivals isn’t exactly thrilled with the way it looks.Michigan Football dropped its 2016 schedule poster Monday morning, and per usual, it features the logos of the 12 opponents it’ll face during the regular season this year. But one – Maryland – is a bit unhappy with some changes the Wolverines made to its mark. Maryland’s logo, for whatever reason, doesn’t feature the flag bar that typically runs below the famed “M.”Maryland called out Michigan on Twitter. The Wolverines have not responded.Coming soon. #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/V18zMKMoX3— Michigan Football (@UMichFootball) August 21, 2016Is the rest of our logo coming soon? #RespectTheFlagBar https://t.co/M5ZoE4PUSn— Maryland Terrapins (@umterps) August 22, 2016For reference, here’s what Maryland’s logo actually looks like.It’s also worth noting that Michigan did not put Ohio State’s real logo on its poster. That’s clearly some kind of shot at the Buckeyes.We’re not sure if a logo mixup will provide motivation for the Terrapins this year – but perhaps that game is now a little more interesting.
DELTA, B.C. — FortisBC says it has partnered with the China Energy Reserve and Chemicals Group to export more liquified natural gas to help meet growing demand in that country, with another shipment of LNG ready to set sail in the near future.FortisBC said today that twenty LNG containers are currently being filled for CERCG at its Tilbury facility in Delta. Last November, FortisBC launched a pilot shipment of the first container of LNG from Canada to China. Since then, the utilities provider has been working with prospective Chinese customers on the logistics of shipping small amounts of LNG by container ship.FortisBC delivered two CERCG shipments of two containers each to Shanghai earlier this year. The company added that more LNG shipments are being planned throughout 2018 to help CERCG meet its customers’ energy needs. “China’s supply of LNG is currently quite limited, so we are seeking new sources of LNG to meet future demand,” said Henry Liu, Canada representative for CERCG. “We see a very good business future here in Canada and we are pleased to work with FortisBC to deliver LNG to China. The Chinese people care deeply about family and future generations so they are concerned about the long-term impacts of air pollution. They see the first priority as improving air quality now and then ensuring there is a greener future for the next generation.”The shipments are being fuelled from FortisBC’s Tilbury and Mount Hayes LNG storage facilities, which are the only such facilities on the West Coast. An expansion of the Tilbury facility’s capacity is substantially complete, and FortisBC added that is expected to be fully operational later this year.
Mau (UP): Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday said his government was committed towards Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar’s vision and promised to install his grand statue at the same spot in Kolkata where it was vandalised by “TMC goondas”. Lashing out at Mamata Banerjee, the prime minister said he was going for a rally in Dum Dum later in the day but was not sure if the West Bengal Chief Minister will allow his helicopter to land. “We have been witnessing the attitude of didi for long and now the country is also seeing it. Dedicated to the vision of Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar, our government will install a panchdhatu (made up of five metals) statue at the very spot and give a reply to TMC goondas,” he said while addressing a poll rally here. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework “The statue of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was broken by TMC goondas during the road show of BJP President Amit Shah. Those involved in this act should be given strong punishment,” the prime minister said. Kolkata witnessed wide-spread violence during BJP president Shah’s massive road show on Tuesday. A bust of 19th century Bengali icon Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was vandalised during the violence. Modi charged that “anarchy” was spread by TMC workers during his earlier meetings in West Midnapore and Thakurnagar. Also Read – Trio win Nobel Medicine Prize for work on cells, oxygen “In Cooch Behar in Bengal where a dais was to be set up for my rally, didi got a grand dais made for her party. I have been seeing this attitude of didi since long but now the country is seeing it,” he said. “I have a rally in Dum Dum. Let us see if didi allows it. If she has her way she will not allow the helicopter to land, Modi said. Hitting back at BSP supremo Mayawati, who had attacked him over violence in West Bengal, Modi said, “The manner in which the West Bengal government has been targeting UPiites, Biharis and those from Purvanchal, I thought behenji will give a befitting reply but she is more concerned about power”. Lashing out at the SP-BSP alliance, he said those raising “Modi-hatao slogans are today frustrated.Uttar Pradesh has made their arithmetic all wrong and so their abuses have increased”. “Actually the country has come to know the truth of these mahamilavatis…they all know that Modi hatao was just a slogan but actually their aim is to hide their corruption,” he said, adding they somehow want a ‘khichdi’ and weak government which can be “blackmailed” as per their needs. “SP-BSP have made an opportunistic alliance. They have struck a deal at the top but on the ground their workers are still attacking each other,” he said. “They are mistaken in thinking that SP and BSP votes will be transferred.They take some castes as their slaves,” he said, adding it appears they did not understood situation in 2014, 2017 polls but will now understand in 2019 that castes should not be treated as slave. In the name of castes they gained power and used it for making bungalows and make their relatives ‘crorepatis’ and ‘arabpatis’, he charged. “Be it bua or babua they have distanced themsleves from people, created a tall wall of ‘darbaris’ and yes men that they cannot see the ‘sukh dukh’ of the poor,” he said. While accusing the Opposition of creating hurdles in freeing Muslim daughters of the curse of triple talaq, he said, “Your sewak wants to empower daughters”. He said ‘mahamilawatis’ have fielded a candidate from Ghosi seat who is a rape accused and absconder. The history of Samajwadi Party, the prime minister said, is known by the people of UP “but behenji, will you seek votes for such a candidate. All know what was the situation of betis during the Samajwadi Party rule but behenji your stand on the rape of a dalit daughter in Alwar has brought your behaviour also under question”. The government in Rajasthan is being run with the support of behenji but it tried to keep the rape incident hidden in view of elections… this attitude of behenji shows that for selfish interest anyone can be betrayed, he said. Stressing that his government was committed to security of women, Modi said it was his government which brought death penalty in rape cases and pressing the button on lotus will mean death penalty for rapists.
Michigan junior quarterback Wilton Speight (3) looks downfield for an open receiver during first-half action against Central Florida at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich., on Saturday, Sept. 10. Courtesy of TNSThe final regular season game for Ohio State against Michigan will kickoff without the Wolverines starting signal-caller. In Michigan’s loss against Iowa on Saturday, redshirt sophomore quarterback Wilton Speight reportedly broke his collarbone.The injury will keep Speight out for the remainder of the regular season. According to mgoblog.com, the redshirt sophomore could return to the Wolverines for a bowl game, but will not be able to play for the next two weeks.Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh denied the report on his weekly radio show, saying that a doctor had not told him Speight would be unavailable for the rest of the regular season.Although injuries are never a positive note, the Buckeyes could benefit from the absence of Speight, who has thrown for 2,156 yards and 15 touchdowns this season. John O’Korn, a senior transfer from Houston, is likely to start against the Hoosiers.O’Korn has thrown just 18 passes this year, two of which were for touchdowns.The last time a backup quarterback started a game at Ohio Stadium, the Buckeyes were on the wrong end of a 17-14 affair with Michigan State. This time, OSU will have more time to prepare for a different quarterback, considering then-junior Tyler O’Connor replaced injured Michigan State starter Connor Cook just before kickoff, last year. The announcement of the injury comes two weeks before The Game. Although history has a tendency to repeat itself, this is an instance in which the Buckeyes hope to rewrite the story.
OSU then-redshirt sophomore Nathan Tomasello competes in a match against Arizona State on Nov. 13.Credit: Courtesy of OSUWith a roster full of talent like Tom Ryan’s, the Ohio State wrestling head coach is often asked what keeps his team motivated. His answer this fall: the NCAA national championships taking place in Cleveland at the Quicken Loans Arena during the upcoming season. March 15-17 will see Buckeye fans descend on the city of Cleveland to observe Ohio State wrestling as it makes yet another run at a team national championship along with what could be multiple individual crowns. Senior heavyweight Kyle Snyder remembers the feeling of winning the national championship in 2015 and believes that winning another — this time in the Buckeye state — would make it even sweeter. “This couldn’t be a better storyline,” Snyder said. “We win it as a team when I was a freshman and now as a senior, as a leader of this team, to be able to compete on home turf basically in Cleveland with tens of thousands of Buckeyes there watching us. It really couldn’t be a better ending to my career if we all go out there and wrestle as hard as we can and win a team title.”Ryan, citing ESPN statistics, pointed out that more fans from Columbus watched the NCAA championships last season than in any other city in the country. Those fans might get to see the team in person come March. As far as members of his team, many of them wrestled in front of large crowds at the Schottenstein Center during their high school state championships, and they want that feeling again, Ryan said. “These guys are fired up that it’s in Cleveland,” Ryan said. “We’ve had a huge response in number of tickets that people want to get into the arena and it’s in the [Quicken Loans Arena], which should be pretty cool. It’s definitely something that we’re excited about.” In particular, the event has special meaning for two of Ryan’s wrestlers: redshirt seniors Nathan Tomasello (125 pounds) and Bo Jordan (174 pounds). The two are decorated veterans looking to lead their team to a national championship, and were both born and raised in Ohio. “For Nate and Bo in particular, as seniors, to have the national championship in your home state, I can’t think of anything as a student athlete growing up in Ohio that could be greater than that,” Ryan said. Jordan expressed his desire to go toe-to-toe with formidable opponents at nationals in Cleveland in his quest to claim not only a team national championship, but also his first individual national championship in his backyard. “It’s really cool,” Jordan said. “I don’t know if the national title has ever been here before or if it has been, it’s been a while, as long as I can remember. We’re real excited about that, bringing it here to Ohio and being able to have the fans here. It’s going to be a lot of fun.” Nobody on the wrestling roster grew up closer to Cleveland than Tomasello, a product of Parma and Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy in Parma, Ohio, about 10 miles south of Cleveland. “It’s very important,” Tomasello said. “I consider Cleveland to be more my home. I’m really pumped that nationals are going be there at the [Quicken Loans Arena] and just having a lot of support. That’s where I grew up, that’s where everyone has helped me get to where I am now.”Tomasello said the prospect of competing at the NCAAs in Cleveland reminds him of when he wrestled at the Walsh Ironman tournament in high school within walking distance from his school and near where he grew up. Competing in his city is something the redshirt senior thrives on. “There was so much support in that tournament, I just fed off of that energy in that environment,” Tomasello said. “That energy is something that I can see in Cleveland with all the Ohio State Buckeye fans there and just people that have supported me my whole wrestling career. That’s what it makes me think of.”
Aston Villa head coach Dean Smith opened up on his role in convincing John Terry to join the club’s coaching staff following his retirement.Smith emerged as Steve Bruce’s replacement on Wednesday, with Terry and Richard O’Kelly acting as assistant coaches to the former Brentford manager.“I was told there was an opportunity to take John and I said if I speak to John I think we can both come up with good enough honest answers to see if we both want to move on with it or not,” said Smith via Sky, who took his first training session at Villa alongside Terry on Monday.“That’s what we did. John and I spoke about it and decided it was right. If it wasn’t we both could have said no but I felt it was a win-win for both of us. It was my decision to bring John in, yes.Match Preview: Tottenham vs Aston Villa Boro Tanchev – August 10, 2019 Tottenham Hotspur will get their 2019-20 Premier League season underway at home against Aston Villa, today at 18:30 (CET).“It was probably an hour of Facetime meet. He was warming up for a pro-am golf event and he probably wanted it to be a bit quicker. But to be fair we both had really good questions that we wanted to ask.“He’ll be the first to admit he was nervous this morning. You’re going in front of people who you were once in the dressing room with, having banter with, and getting involved in coaching them and trying to improve them.“I’m quite flattered he’s chosen to work us and Richard, to get those coaching hours in and learn what we do.
The French midfielder believes the Portuguese is to be admired because he keeps working even when his teammates are resting31-year-old French midfielder Blaise Matuidi has revealed how he admires the way Cristiano Ronaldo prepares himself.The Juventus footballer talked to Football Italia how the Portuguese acts after a game.“We were all dead tired after the match against Manchester United and the day after, except Cristiano,” Matuidi said.Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“He’s been working like crazy ever since he got here. He’s been at it more than anyone else and he told me he ‘had to’ behave like that.”“That’s why at 33, he’s been an example for all of us and given us an extra stimulus. His influence isn’t limited to his work during the week,” he added.“He’s also crucial over the 90 minutes. He can do things that others can’t help improve the team’s game.”“Everyone feels much stronger alongside him. He’s a leader in this sense,” he concluded.
A Chelsea supporter, George Bradley has been charged for homophobic slurs during Sunday’s match with Brighton at the Amex Stadium.The incident occurred just one week after Raheem Sterling was allegedly racially abused at Stamford Bridge by a number of Chelsea fans who were later banned by the club.Before the Brighton game, there were reports of Chelsea fans chanting anti-semitic slurs in Hungary during Chelsea’s Europa League away game against Vidi.George Bradley will appear at Brighton Magistrates Court on January 3 to answer to the charges.“The vast majority of Chelsea fans supported their team with passion and pride and were a credit to their club,” a statement from Sussex Police read.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“One individual was ejected from the away section after club stewards dealt with an isolated incident of alleged homophobia.“The individual was subsequently arrested and charged and his details have been passed to Chelsea FC, so they can take the appropriate action.“He was charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior to cause harassment, alarm or distress and bailed to appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on January 3, with conditions not to attend any Chelsea Football Club match, home or away.”